ENVIROMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
BDR Indonesia undertakes its activities in a manner that strives to minimise or rectify adverse impacts and maximise positive impacts of an environmental or socio-economic nature.
The company is committed to responsible stewardship of natural resources and the ecological environment for present and future generations.
To attain the overall vision, the company is committed to:
- The assessment and meeting of the requirements of industry standards with respect to environmental management practices;
- The implementation, maintenance and integration of internationally recognised environmental management systems that ensure continual improvement of environmental performance and the prevention of pollution through recognised practices;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes, that relate to its environmental aspects;
- Efficient use of resources and responsible management of all waste streams;
- Recognising that risk management is a systematic way of protecting business resources and income against losses such that strategic and operational objectives can be achieved
- Preventing all incidents and accidents at its operations in a reasonably practicable manner and strives to minimise hazards inherent in the working environment
- Safeguarding the health and safety of all stakeholders, and striving for zero harm
- Establishing an appropriate level of awareness and training of employees with environmental responsibilities, as required supply chain.
Employees of BDR Indonesia are expected to play a fundamental role in achieving these commitments by:
- Integrating sustainable development principles into everyday practice
- Reacting proactively and adhering to the Group’s sustainable development policy.